Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lab A

I was a little nervous at first because I wasn't sure exactly how I was going to go about doing everything I wanted to. It is hard to hear what I am saying on the video partly because I had my back turned most of the time and I definitely could have spoken a little louder. I think you can see at least some of the excitement when I am teaching. I did smile some and introduced myself at the beginning to be sure everyone knew who I was and what I was going to teach them. When teaching children, especially young children, it is very important to act excited about what you are teaching. Students pick up very quickly on how enthused you are and if you are having a good time, they are more likely to be interested and in turn learn more and have a good time as well. Simple things like smiling and even laughing can make all the difference fro your students. Also something like being well prepared and having lots of props can give you the confidence and excitement that will show through in the students learning and understanding of the skill or skills. In order for kids to want to come back and participate you need to make things fun while they are learning. Sitting them down and explaining rules is not going to want them to come back and learn more. Keep them moving, try different things, let them make mistakes and learn from the mistakes they are making. Sometimes just something as simple as follow through all the way while throwing a ball can make all the difference. Most students also like things hands on. Having a lot of props of equipment can make a skill easier and more fun to learn. If the students are having fun while they are learning they are more likely to participate!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete